Monday, February 8, 2010

¿todavía estás emocionado?

After another long weekend, i'm beginning to feel as though calling myself a student is a bit unjust. My schedule, lucky does not include classes on fridays, so I'm running a 4 day week. And apparently, this week, the art students and architecture students have "talleres" this week so there is not art class this week: no classes today i guess! Which leaves another 3 day week. I've spent the majority of the weekend sleeping, playing a bit of poker with friends, writing a new song on guitar, and oh yeah! six flags!

Saturday morning i woke up with the backs of my eyes hurting a bit leaving me with a headache for the better part of the day. Getting on a bus to drive 3:30 hrs to six flags at 6:50 in the morning didn't help either. Besides spending the better half of the day a bit lightheaded and nauseas, the day was insane! spent with some awesome guys, of which included the dutchman(Bram), the Australian(James), and the spaniard(Gregor), we hit up every ride including superman 3 times, and got to hang out with dolphins in the sun watching them do flips!.. not bad.

Other fun activities included hanging out at Rock Pub playing pool and darts before going out. They played Dream On by aerosmith! Live! crazyness.
Also- heading out to the pyramid for some incredible views on a clear day. After talking with some locals, we found out that its rare for it to be as clear and nice a day as it was, probably explained a bit of why it was so crowded. The shots we got were pretty sweet though..



So last wednesday's art class was nice in that I just got to work on whatever. Out of the 16 or so students, I'm not only the only non-mexican student, I'm also the only student not in the art or architecture department which means this isn't a required class for me, its fun! And for that reason, the teacher lets me just do whatever I want. Sweeeet. So I just draw what he tells me to, while he gives me help on perspective drawing. He saw a drawing that I did in my notebook(a recreation of a friend's illustration) and I told him it was for a CD cover. He told me that he has studied making CD covers as well, so we can work on creating a CD. Love this teacher, and this class..


(recreation of a friend's drawing)

Nos Vemos

No comments:

Post a Comment