Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tengo que descansarme

After a hectic albeit thrilling weekend, I came home sunday night to crawl into bed at the decently late hour of 2. Feeling myself get sick was terrible, I had an apple in my throat for the entire day, and I could tell it wasn't getting any better. I woke up on Monday feeling terrible. I've caught a cold my fair share of times but this was most definitely something worse. Tuesday was the worst day of all, unfortunately. I woke up at 9:30 in time for my 10 o'clock class of International Logistics, the only course i'm taking taught in english, and ironically my least favorite by strides. My throat felt as if someone shoved a knife down it and was twisting. With every gulp came a wince. After Marketing, I decided to grab a bit and return to my room for some R & R. I spent some time on the computer while I inhaled liquids and took an advil cold and sinus every 4 hours, meanwhile my linens were being thuroughly washed in la lavaropas. I grabbed a towel and took a shower. One nice commodity that I didn't get in Costa Rica was the water pressure we have here in Mexico. Along with the pirated DVDs for .80 cents, i think the water pressure is illegal, but still awesome! I turned it to the maximum temperature, which if i'm not mistaken could boil pasta in minutes. For this reason I made sure that I rested against the wall and took in the steam to clear my sinus' and system. after a nice steam shower, I went back to my room to play some guitar.

I definitely haven't been playing as much as I would like to. I've been experiencing writer's block and have had a hard to writing any new material, but luckily in the past few days i've written up a rough draft of a new song.

After new clean sheets were fitted on my bed I proceeded to go to bed at 11pm, the earliest I've gone to sleep thus far I believe. Luckily on Wednesdays my first class is art at noon. I slept 12 hours! Unfortunately, I woke up Wednesday not feeling much better than Tuesday. I left class slightly frustrated for not understanding how to sketch trees. It's difficult, trust me. But if my worst days are from not being able to draw spectacularly, i'm living well. I got some lunch and took care of some business and some homework before my 5 o'clock class of "Ética y Transperencia en Negocios" Ethics and Transparency in Business. Of all of the classes I'm taking, this is my favorite. Although it doesn't seem like an enticing course from the title, the subject matter, professor, and the way it which its taught makes it enticing. This is basically a philosophy course focused on the ethics portion of basic philosophy. What is Ethics? What is Morality? And its all in spanish! What more could I want to satisfy my nerdiness than maybe calculus again?


I leave the class two and a half hours later thinking so in-depth high off life. It's a nice feeling. Returning to my room to take another steam shower and finish some work. Although I didn't get to bed quite as early as 11pm, I woke up today feeling much better. Hopefully I'll recuperate. The weather isn't supposed to be great this weekend so we've decided not to travel to Cuetzalan just yet. Instead we'll probably go to the cine and catch a flick on saturday, who knows maybe even hike a nearby volcano. Until next time... (unless i'm consumed by magma).

No comments:

Post a Comment